Okay, as you all have asked....here are the details to the fire!
So there I was, with my little nugget Olivia, going up to her room getting ready to put her down for her nap.
Then all the sudden, I am standing there changing her diaper, and the electrical outlet BLEW UP into flames and starting catching everything within 5 feet of it into bright red flames!!!
Just kidding.
But I was changing her diaper as it happened.
I went into her room, turned on her fan that was in the corner and then started changing her diaper and getting her ready for naptime. I hear the fan turn off, so I looked behind my shoulder to see what was going on, and the thing just went up in flames! So I ran over there and tried to blow out the flames! When that didn't work, I unplugged it, and ran into Olivia's bathroom and took her toothbrush holder and filled it up with water to dump on it. (When it came down to it though, I got scared trying to remember what to do during different fires! Not knowing if water would make it blow up more or not. Like it can do in some cases, when you are supposed to use flour. I never thought I would have to put one out! So that was scary!)
But I dumped all the water on the fire and had to make a couple trips before it went out.
And kept Olivia away at the same time.
Then I became a real hero!!! And think maybe I was a firefighter in my last life! just kidding.
But all's I can say is THANK HEAVENS I so happened to turn the fan on before I started changing Olivia's diaper and didn't put her down in her crib, turn on the fan and leave!!! Then it could have been really bad! Because the fan is so close to her crib, who know's what could have happened. Somebody's watchin out for us!
And of course everybody and everything is okay, except for the fan. I would've taken pictures but the fan went out with this morning's trash. So sorry guys. :)
Signing out,
Joy the Firefighter
5 comments:
I'm SO glad everything is ok!! That is so scary!!!! Thank goodness someone was watching over you!
oh...this is Laurissa.
so whats it like being a hero,... you know like a, like a big shottie?!?!
Oh my scary, so glad you turned on the fan first!
scary that this same exact thing happened to us when we lived there. brig was fussy one night not wanting to go to bed..usually we would have just let him fuss it out and fall asleep on his own but for reasons we both know seth said i think ill go up and rock him for a bit.. it wasnt five min after seth got him out of his crib and sat down to rock him that his fan started sparking. luckily since he saw it spark he was able to shut it off before actual flames broke out..crazy stories:)
Post a Comment