Everyone has been bugging about posting something new so I thought I would post everything that has happened since the last post... Anyways, for Joy's family reunion we went to Destin Florida (they say its the closest thing to Cancun that the US has). It was a blast. Destin has white sand beaches, warm water, not too hot weather, and is a perfect place to retire to, or have a second home. Joy wants to buy a second house there when we are older. And there are also many jellyfishes and sharks. But the vacation was very fun, we were at the beach a ton, then went to a water park called Big Kahuna's, went deep sea fishing which was my favorite part, rented jetskis and a pontoon boat, hung out some more at the beach and the pool, and went to dinner at an awesome fish restaurant on the beach (had the best fish ever, mahi mahi is delicious, and their coconut shrimp was to die for). Anyways, I guess the best way to describe the vacation is by showing the photos so here you go...
The view at the beach, we had a private beach, next to a motel's beach... thats why there are so many people...
Joy and I on the beach on the first day, it was sunday so we didnt get into the water but we took a walk on the beach...

Big Kahunas water park, this was just the front of it, very fun place, not too fun when you get sunburned bad like I did. I am in the bottom of the picture, see me?
Joy and I on our way to go deep sea fishing, it was an hour long boat trip out.
Joy caught the coolest thing, she caught a sucker fish. When she was reeling it in, she started screaming yelling "shark, shark..." and everyone on the boat came to the back where we were to see what was going on, then the deck hand came and told her it wasnt a shark but it was a sucker fish, and then he stuck it to the ceiling above us... cool huh?
However Joy's sister, Kristy did catch a small shark.
Our catch of the day, three red snappers, we caught more but had to throw them back in.
Our catch of the day, three red snappers, we caught more but had to throw them back in.
To our surprise we saw a shark on the dock when we pulled in.
I took Joy's Dad on the wave runner, he was on shore and I took him out to the pontoon boat where we were. I picked him up after rushing Joy's neice McKenna to shore after she was stung by a big jellyfish.

McKenna after being stung by a jellyfish. Not a happy camper. but she was a trooper.
And the family picture on the beach.
If you want to see more pictures let me know.

2 comments:
We enjoyed seeing the pictures again of Destin. You all look like you had so much fun! What a great reunion!
Love you both,
Dad and Mom Boggess
i know you're busy, but y'all need to post something new and let us know what is going on in your life.
Post a Comment