Monday, June 29, 2009

Olivia Claire Boggess

Hey everyone, Just thought I would update everyone on our big news! Olivia Claire Boggess, arrived Friday June 26th at 9:05 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long. Blue eyes and blond hair, and looks like a mixture of Joy's and mine baby pictures! She is adorable and precious. The most beautiful baby girl I have seen (I might be biased in my opinion being the father).


The story in my point of view goes a little something like this:

Last Monday Joy had her last appointment and due the next day. Joy was only 50 % effaced and dilated to a 2. So the doctor made an appointment for her to be induced on Friday morning. Friday morning came around and we were so excited. We woke up at 600 AM and called the hospital to see if we were still ready for that day. After a blessing from her father and I, We arrived at the hospital at 715 AM. By 9 AM she was on pitocin and then our long day (which actually felt short to us) had begun. At 11 AM the doctor came in and broke Joy's water. Each hour they turned up the pitocin level and her contractions got closer and closer. By 4 PM then contractions were where the nurses wanted them to be, the right strength and time apart, about 5 every 10 minutes. But at that time Joy's contractions were getting very strong and she was dilated to a 4, so after surviving having her water broke by the doctor (which was very painful) and several hours of strong contractions Joy asked for the epidural. From there on out Joy was a very happy camper! At 6 PM she was checked again and was only dilated to a 5, her parents and my mom were there so I took them down to the cafeteria for some dinner while Joy tried to get some sleep. Well when we had left at 630 PM, the nursing staff had their shift change and we got a new nurse. While down in the cafeteria I realized I forgot my phone upstairs in the room, no less than five minutes later than I realized I had no phone joy's mom gets a call saying she was dilated to a 9 and 100% effaced. Lets just say it took me 30 seconds to run back upstairs to the room. By 8:25 Joy was pushing and 25 minutes later the baby was ready to come out, by then we just had to wait for the doctor to come in. He was next door with another delivery, and made it just in time to catch our baby girl come out. When he came in, he looked down then said, with a surprised look on his face says "well there's a baby there!" Five minutes after the doctor arrived and after 5 pushes, our baby was born. She came out with the most gentle sweet cry. From the beginning she just looked around and has been a gentle, calm and sweet baby, making the most adorable faces and sleeping and feeding well. Both mom and baby are doing well. And I am now a very proud father!


Olivia Claire Boggess

We couldn't keep our eyes off her, she is so beautiful!

cuddling with mommy!

Daddy time!

trying to get her to smile!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I love the cheeks! She is such a doll. I cannot wait to see her. How are you feeling Joy?

Alicia said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well! That is so great. Congratulations again!

mini-wheats said...

Joy!!!!! I can't comment enough on how adorable Olivia is! She is a complete doll and I love her and you! I am glad you are doing well! I can already tell that you are wonderful mother! I love you! Congrats, again!