Monday, November 2, 2009

CAUTION: WET FLOOR!

Eric did not have a good time with balance this week…and it wasn’t his fault! It all started in the airport on his way to Omaha for his UNMC interview. He’s got his carry-on in one hand, his suit under his shoulder, and his nice 32 oz drink from his Panda Express lunch (which gets him back in the butt later) in the other hand. So he’s a walking down the way..and all the sudden starts slipping and starts trying to catch himself. He is flailing all over the place, flys into this wall, his poor drink goes shooting across the way, hits the wall on the other side. After a little bit he finally regains his composure. He looks up and there is this older lady screaming "OH MY GOSH ARE YOU OKAY?!?!" Just in time to see a HUGE puddle of water underneath him, her, and a mop and bucket. He kindly just says “Yeah I’m fine” when inside he is thinking to himself “YOU COULDA PUT UP A SIGN!” …we have never had good luck in the Denver airport…especially Eric. For the next three days he suffered stomach cramps from Food Poisoning from the Panda Express he ate.
The next incident…so I’m standing in Sierra’s apartment. We are getting ready to leave and Eric is putting our stuff in the car. He comes in, and asks me “DO I have a huge SKID down my back?!?” I looked, and no, he didn’t. I asked him why and he then tells me that he was on his way back from the first trip of putting our stuff in the car and slipped the ENTIRE way down the grassy hill in front of Sierra’s apartment. Of course, another old lady sees him and screams “HEY are you OK?!!” Yes he was fine, but I just have to get the little grass stain out of his jeans now. Poor guy, he’s had a rough week! Literally!!

3 comments:

Bryn and Sierra Charsley said...

Dear Eric-
Sounds like your experiencing a case of the Joy!! Things like these always happen to her!! I guess she is rubbing off on you....HA, how entertaining!!

Ranae said...

Wow, Eric, I'm sure that isn't inherited! It was fun to see you and have you here for 36 hours! Love ya!

Amanda said...

Man, oh man. I so wish I could see these things. I am glad to know that we are all a bunch of clutzes. I tend to trip on curbs with my hands in my pockets, and I can't get them out. Yep, it makes for good entertainment.