Wednesday, April 28, 2010

100mph Life

Eric, Olivia and I have LOVED being in Omaha! I was really worried about moving back into a city after living so long in a small town and getting used to it. BUT, this has probably been the easiest adjustment ever! I love having a mall that is so close to me, family all around us, the space of my parents house to live in during the summer, and all our old friends back. Of course though, we are really missing our Idaho and Utah crowd. :( But we have been living life at about 100 m.p.h. this last month! Yesterday was the first day I got to sit down! And that is not even a joke! The move went well, not as smooth as our first move, but okay. The 3 day trip was difficult here to NE when I am used to only a 15 hour drive, but we survived. It would have been impossible without the help of Eric's sweet parents helping us drive the truck! Thank you Rick and Ranae!
But the highlight of our last few days in Rexburg was of course Eric's graduation! I am so proud of him, he works so hard for our family. He is so smart too, he got accepted to West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine! It has been a huge accomplishment for him and not to mention a huge weight off his shoulders. So we are living here in Omaha until july, then we are off to yet another trip across the country to good ol' West Virginia! My brother Seth and his wife Dani went to school there! So they have been really helpful telling us good places to live, where to eat, fun things to do and so on.
Us after Eric's graduation! His parents, aunt, and sister Stephanie and her family came up for it!

On our way back to Nebraska we also we able to stop by and see my cousin Kara who just had her baby! I am really close to Kara so I was worried that I wouldn't be able to see her baby before we left, not only did we get to see her, but she ended up blessing baby Ann the sunday we were there! I was so happy we were able to go! AND that little trip also let me see my cousin Bryce who just got off his mission! I am also close to him as well, and we wouldn't have gotton to see him for forever if we didn't go, so it was a well paid off trip!The whole group that came to the blessing! It also ended up perfectly that I got to see all of them (my extended family) before leaving too!

Then we finally made it to Omaha! Home Sweet Home!! We have moved all in, we have...Gone to the Zoo..

Had family come.. My sister Alyson, Mick and their little Sierra! She is 11 days younger than Olivia so they are already the best of friends! My sister Kristy came into town as well, I gave her a hair makeover and we went shopping for clothes for her bc she has lost 73 LBS!! and looks AMAZING!

See for yourself!

I have been spending a majority of the time giving cuts and colors to my family, amongst everything else. It's been high stress but alot of fun! We have gone out to eat alot too with my family, moreso than I have planned on..but it's still been so fun! Eric and I even went on a date the other night and his parents babysat! We went to go to see "The Lightning Thief" which we LOVED and went to Red Lobster. Thanks again Rick and Ranae! Olivia loves her Grandma and Grandpa Boggess so she loves it.

And we have gone to the park with Seth and Dani. Zorinsky lake is alot of fun! It is also where Eric and I had our first kiss. ;) hehe! We love it there! And apparently, Olivia does too!

My love and I :) We love it here in Omaha. We are excited to be able to spend the summer here, and are excited for our many more adventures to come! Especially this fall!

4 comments:

Bradley and Ellen said...

Joy, you are lookin so good! I'm so glad everything went well! Yippie!

Lacey said...

We are excited to have you here!

Ranae said...

It's been so fun already having you guys here. We love sharing time with you guys and Olivia and so glad that we can babysit our little granddaughter. She is such a doll!!! Thank you, Eric, for all the hard work you have already done on the deck. We appreciate all your help!!! It will be amazing when we are done!

Alana said...

im glad we got to see you too! i miss you lots already. but am so excited for you guys and your new adventures! and holy crap- kristy looks amazing! congratulations on all the hard work!