I know you are probably sick of hearing what everybody had to do on Valentine's Day this year, but our day was so much fun that I can't help but sharing it!
First, I snuck into Eric's school classroom last Friday and left him a card, a tin full of candies, and a box of chocolates on his desk for him to walk into on Monday/Valentine's Day. I was really excited to surprise him and hopefully kind of de-stress him for his 2 tests he had to take then as well.
The day before, he told me to "dress up" for the day...so I knew he had something up his sleeve! And sure enough he did. He came home from his tests on V-day with a beautiful boquet of roses and a box of chocolates for me, and a big teddy bear for Olivia, which she loves! Then he told me we were going to Roanoke to go out to eat and to buy me a shirt! I was so excited!!!
My curls!
And my GORGEOUS roses!!
So after Olivia woke up from her nap, off we went to Roanoke. Which is an hour and a half away..the closest mall to us... (tragic i know).. We got lost on the way there bc of our GPS, and I got car sick on the way there and back, of course. But once we got there we went to Applebee's bc we had some giftcards there! It was alot of fun and Eric died for their Pork Wonton Tacos. Then we went to the mall!! Which always makes me happy! I got two shirts and some earrings, and Eric got two shirts as well. We had alot of fun spending time together, laughing and talking the whole time. Which was much needed because I have been on a higher deprivation level from Eric gone always, since this semester started.
This picture is for you, Dani! There is a cool Cliff with the American Flag right in the middle of it on the drive to Roanoke. Can you see it?
And my dearest Olivia, who had the cutest hair BEFORE the drive to Roanoke. I guess that's what 2 hours stuck in the car does to a little girl's hair.
Then we came home, I was totally sick and out of it from the windy, curvy roads. We put Olivia down and watched "Despicable Me" with some icecream. I fell asleep in the first little bit and had to watch the rest of it later the next day.
I loved our day together, it was so nice to get out of the house and spend some much needed time together. We had a great Valentine's Day and hope you all did too!
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great Valentine's Day. Glad you were able to have some fun family time.
What a cute little family!! That sounds like the perfect day! I'm glad you guys got to have some family time in your crazy busy schedules! Olivia is SO cute! And getting so big!! I can't believe it! Miss you!!
Post a Comment