Tuesday, January 18, 2011

CHRISTMAS 2010

If I had to describe this last years Christmas in one word, it would be CRAZY! Have you ever been so excited for something, looking forward to it for so long, and then when you get there it feels like a dream? Like it's not really happening...almost because you looked forward to it for so long? Well that's what happened to me this time. And I'm bummed. I LOVE Omaha to pieces! I have been really homesick this last semester, and Christmas is my favorite holiday so i was SO excited to go home! And I left still feeling homesick. How the heck does that happen??? ..Not enough time there, that's how that happens!

We got to spend the first 3-4 days with Eric's parents which was so nice. But we were out doing our Christmas shopping while they were at work, since there are no stores here where I live, besides Walmart for shopping. So that was stressful having a to-do list on our vacation. But we got to spend time with them at night and watched movies together, and mostly just enjoyed eachother's company which is what I love to do most! They left to go spend Christmas with Stephanie, Eric's sister in Utah on wed, so we left to go with my parents.
The week with my parents was so nice too! I got to see all but 2 of my 8 siblings. Well, I didn't really get to spend "quality time" with each of them, but I took what I could get! :) There was chaos all the time. It was crazy! But it's those times that I love, because that means i am with my family. And now, as I sit all by my lonesome, far far away from everyone...I would give anything for that chaos again!
Enough with the wallowing, Joy! We really did have a great time though! We got to see our families and spend the best time of the year with them! I am grateful for the time that we did get there. We went to the Zoo, went to the Church gym and ran around and ate subs like we do every year, had progressive dinners at everyone's house on Christmas Eve with was great! We went to the temple, went to a freakin MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER concert which was amazing! Eric and I had our 3 year anniversary, went shopping, ate at some of our favorite restaurants, and Olivia loved playing with all her cousins! It was great!
And guess what...this thing isn't letting me upload pictures of our amazing trip, to the place we love oh so much. If you really want to see some, you can go to my facebook page. I might upload some later if i'm really bored. but i probably won't, just because it takes FOR-EV-ER!!!
Happy 2011 Everyone!!! haha.

2 comments:

Bryn and Sierra Charsley said...

ya, that was the best! definitely way tooooo short!!!

Ranae said...

I so know that feeling...keep the memories alive in your heart! What choice ones they are! We love you! Give Olivia a big hug from us and take lots of pictures to post or send our way! We will have to get on Skipe soon!